- For the Media
- News Release Archive
- A Challenging 5K Obstacle Race for All Ages
- A Season of Gratitude
- Annual Holiday Concert Set the Mood
- AOTA Hill Day 2014
- Apply for FREE at Information Night
- Art Committee Selects First Painting for the Elsa and Herschel Rubin Art Fund
- Back to School Shopping
- Budding Drama Club Seeking New Members
- City Center Stands Out in Salem
- Concert will put you in a “Merry Mood for Christmas”
- Disaster Training Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Earth Day 2014
- EL 100 Club Seeking New Members
- Free Health Fair This Saturday at the Calcutta YMCA
- Get Prepped to Present Your Research - 10th Annual UGR
- Have You Heard About S.G.A.?
- Horticulture Students Learn from Industry Experts
- Insurance Studies Preps for Gamma Iota Sigma Charter
- Kent’s Role in Cross-County Basketball Game
- Kent State Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 1 for Holiday Break
- Kent State East Liverpool Celebrates the Naming of John J. Purinton Hall
- Kent State East Liverpool Holds Annual 100 Club Reception
- Kent State East Liverpool Hosts Domestic Violence Discussion
- Kent State East Liverpool Recognizes Outstanding Students
- Kent East Liverpool’s Student Government Holding Blood Drive
- Kent State Salem Receives Ohio’s First Chapter of Gamma Iota Sigma for Insurance Studies Program
- Kent State Salem Students will Showcase Research Projects
- Kent State University at East Liverpool is starting a Yoga Club
- Love Develops on the Salem Campus
- Nearly 700 Blood Pressures Assessed By Student Nurses
- NCSF Personal Training Course Offered at the East Liverpool Campus
- New Club Focused on Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Nursing Department Volunteers at Health Fair
- Nursing Groups Forming at the East Liverpool Campus
- OTA Students Volunteer at Schizophrenia Walk
- Polar Express Party to be Held at East Liverpool Campus- Dec. 6
- President's and Dean's Lists Announced for Fall 2014
- PTA Students Continue Tradition
- Radiology Information Sessions at Kent State Salem
- Radiology Students, Staff Support Charity Walk
- Rural Scholars Hold Summer Workshop
- Rural Scholars Learn at Waste Management Facility
- Rural Scholars mentors present Justice Talking
- Salem Earns Tree Campus USA Distinction
- Salem Honors Students Visit Kent Campus
- Salem Psychology Club Visits Area Museum
- Salem Rotary Helps Discovery Garden Grow
- Salem Students Shine at Research Conference
- Serving it up on Fat Tuesday
- Slipping, Sliding and Slogging Through FlashDash
- Students Urge Ohio Officials to Honor Moses Fleetwood Walker
- Studying Insurance in Indianapolis
- Third Annual Asian Culture Fair Held at Kent State East Liverpool
- Welcome President Warren
- White House Representative Holds Discussion at Kent State East Liverpool
- Zombies in the Park 5K- Saturday, October 18
- Kent Salem Hosting State Research Conference
Environmental Justice Conference Essay/Poster Contest
Earth Day Environmental Justice Conference
Essay / Poster Contest
April 26, 2014 - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
400 E. 4th Street, East Liverpool, Ohio
in the Slak Shak
Bookstore vouchers: $75.00, $50.00, and $35.00 for each category.
Essays should be eight to ten pages in length, a 15 to 20 minute presentation.
Awards for the contests will be presented in four categories:
- Science Based Essays that synthesize research and sources based on evidence.
- Sociology Essays based on environmental justice research.
- Personal Essay citing research & personal experience, or a fully personal essay.
- Humanities / Academic Essays synthesizing literature, history, psychology, etc.
Essay submissions are due by Monday, April 14 e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Papers should include cover sheet with name, title and identifying information including an id number and title in the header of the paper.
Poster submissions: Self-explanatory poster accompanied by a brief paper/citations
Posters are due the day of the conference and will be set up and judged on site.
This conference is sponsored by Kent State University East Liverpool Campus, Dean Stephen Nameth and Assistant Dean Susan Rossi, the KSUEL Bookstore, The KSUEL Environmental Club, and the KSUEL Honors, Biology and English and Sociology Depts.
There is no admission fee for the conference.
Any questions regarding the contests or the conference should be directed to email@example.com